12248 - Asthma and Your Child
Asthma and Your Child: All About Asthma Refreshed with a clean, modern layout including full-color photography and enhanced anatomical art, this popular ""two-booklets-in-one"" design combines asthma facts for parents with informational activities for kids (up to approximately age 11). Meets current AAAAI guidelines.
- Emphasizes importance of long-term controller medications
- Encourages parents and children to work together with their health care team
- 24 pages, full-color photography, enhanced anatomical art and cartoon artwork
- Parent's booklet -- 16 pages.
- Recognizing symptoms of an asthma flare-up and appropriate medications
- How to use inhalers, including dry-powder inhalers
- Reducing triggers and developing a personalized action plan
- ""Is Asthma in Control?"" provides simple, easy-to-remember rule to monitor if treatment is working
- Children's booklet -- 8 pages
- Includes cartoons, drawing, coloring and other activities
- How lungs work
- Inhalers, asthma zones, triggers
- How to tell people about your asthma