2996 - Freedom From Smoking: The Guide to Help You Quit Smoking, ALA
National Health Information Awards
This interactive self-help workbook is based on the American Lung Association's proven-effective Freedom From Smoking© Clinic Program, the leading smoking cessation program for nearly 40 years. Incorporating the latest research in addiction and behavior change, this medically sound program approaches the difficulties of quitting with real-life activities and a fresh new graphic approach.
- Reasons for quitting smoking
- Identifying and removing roadblocks and triggers
- Overcoming physical, mental and social addiction
- Avoiding weight gain; using exercise as motivation
- Medications; nicotine replacement therapy
- Preparing for quit day
- Handling social situations and negativity
- Helping others quit
- Recovering from slips and relapses
- Living life as a non-smoker
- 64 pages, 8-3/8" x 10-13/16", full-color photography Can be used in conjunction with New Edition #2906 Relaxation Exercises CD.
Facts About Tobacco Use, ALA$46.95