The overall emphasis of Living Well with Diabetes is on educating the patient on diabetes
goals. This comprehensive, user-friendly workbook, with engaging full-color photography, is ideal for individuals or for use in adult diabetes self-management education classes.
Aligns with the 2016 Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes, including a Weight Management
section focusing on exercise
, with updated goal settings related to weight loss and exercise. Content also incorporates the 2015-2020 USDA Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
Quick-scan information; notes to family and friends; and interactive elements, such as trackers for blood sugar, health measures and medication; make this a meaningful ongoing reference resource.
- Understanding diabetes and why high blood sugar is a health risk
- Working with the health care team to develop your treatment plan
- Managing weight, nutrition, creating a meal plan
- Emphasis on smoking cessation, including factors for cardiovascular risk (high blood pressure and cholesterol)
- New focus on getting active, overcoming roadblocks
- Monitoring blood glucose, treating high and low blood sugar
- Medications to manage blood sugar and related conditions; expanded medication compliance and safety tips.
- Preventing, detecting complications
- Goal setting to promote overall health
- Adjusting to life with diabetes, tips for coping and problem solving
- Your diabetes toolkit: interactive charts and logs to manage diabetes and other risk factors
- 64-page workbook, full-color photography and anatomical artwork
For more diabetes patient education make sure to check out our extensive Diabetes speciality category
. Don’t see what you need? Contact us
to see how we can create a custom solution
for you and your patients.
Be prepared for these National Health Observances
and be a resource for your patients: