12217 - Orthognathic Surgery
Orthognathic Surgery Help patients understand how orthognathic surgery can improve jaw function and facial appearance. This comprehensive continuum of care guide is both a consultation tool and a home reference. A fresh, contemporary look, including enhanced anatomical art and full-color photography, engages readers, answers common questions and helps set expectations for treatment and outcomes.
- Overbite, open bite, underbite and asymmetry problems. Functional, aesthetic benefits
- Evaluation, diagnosis and forming a treatment plan
- Presurgical orthodontics and preparing for surgery
- Types of surgery, risks and complications
- Short and long-term recovery with specific tips for easing discomfort
- Risks and complications, when to call the surgeon
- 16 pages, full-color photography and enhanced anatomical artwork.