12210 - Procedures for Spider and Varicose Veins
This contemporary new edition features engaging full-color photography, illustrations and enhanced anatomical art. Comprehensive coverage of the physiology and diagnosis of spider and varicose veins and details about surgical treatment and recovery support shared decision making to develop a treatment plan. Reflects current technology and treatments and includes prevention and self-care strategies.
- Explains, illustrates how leg veins work, why problems develop
- Medical evaluation and diagnostic tests
- Sclerotherapy, endovenous ablation, ligation with stripping, and microphlebectomy procedures
- Self-care, including compression stockings, exercise and elevation
- Risks, complications of procedures, post-procedure care, when to call the doctor
- 16 pages, full-color photography, illustrations and enhanced anatomical artwork