12107 - Understanding Bariatric Surgery
Bariatric Surgery, What Weight-Loss Surgery Means for You, is a new edition of the previous Understanding Bariatric Surgery booklet that now includes pros and cons for different bariatric surgery options. Content has been updated with a contemporary approach to explaining how bariatric surgery helps with weight loss, including the role of hormones. Updated with a fresh, modern look with engaging full-color photography and enhanced anatomical art. Supports shared decision and informed consent discussions and helps set expectations of the patient?s role in recovery and successful weight loss.
- Health risks of obesity, includes the BMI chart
- Is bariatric surgery right for you?
- Digestive anatomy
- Types of bariatric surgery including laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding, vertical sleeve gastrectomy, Roux-en-Y gastric bypass and biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch
- The surgical experience: pre- and post-op care
- Home recovery: eating during healing, becoming more active, losing weight
- Special issues: vitamins and mineral deficiencies, dehydration, dumping syndrome, lactose intolerance
- Lifestyle changes, support systems
- Risks, complications, when to call doctor
- 16 pages, full-color photography and enhanced anatomical artwork
Customers who bought this item also bought