12314 - Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
This new booklet on the minimally invasive valve replacement procedure TAVR allows for focused discussions with qualified patients. The booklet features new full color medical art for aortic valve problems and the TAVR procedure. An entire page supports shared decision making for this procedure. Full color photographs illustrate patient experience and recovery.
- Symptoms and causes of valve problems
- Description of heart valves and aortic valve problems
- Preparing for and having TAVR surgery, including risks and complications
- The TAVR procedure
- Recovery after surgery including when to call the doctor
- Support for anticoagulation therapy