12143 - Understanding Heart Valve Disease
This comprehensive new edition covers heart valve disease symptoms, causes, and treatment options and is perfect for a newly diagnosed patient. Supports shared decision making and informed consent to develop a treatment plan. The fresh, modern layout includes full-color photography and enhanced anatomical art.
- Anatomy and physiology of tricuspid, aortic and mitral valves
- Causes and symptoms of heart valve disease
- Diagnosing process; murmurs, imaging and other tests
- Aortic stenosis, aortic insufficiency, mitral valve prolapse, mitral insufficiency and mitral stenosis
- Valve surgery: repairing a valve, replacing a valve, including mechanical, biological and transcatheter valve replacement options
- 12 pages, full-color photography and enhanced anatomical artwork