12281 - Understanding Your Pain (Spanish)
Understanding Your Pain Educate patients and their families with this guide to understanding and managing acute pain. Updated with current trends and practices and a contemporary new look, including engaging full-color photography. Supports shared decision making to develop a treatment plan and set goals for patient self-care. Expanded section on taking medicine safely.
- Describes acute versus chronic pain, including how pain is felt
- Types of medication used for managing pain; taking medicines safely
- Other options for pain control including activity, physical therapy and complementary care
- Self-care: worksheet for tracking pain
- 12 pages, full-color photography and illustration